Jyothika is an Indian actress who predominantly appears in Tamil films. He also acted in a few Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi films. She made her Bollywood debut with the Hindi film Doli Saaja Ke Rakhna directed by Priyadarshan. She starred opposite Chiranjeevi in her first Tamil film Vali and her first Telugu film Tagore. He has won several awards including three Filmfare Awards South and three Tamil Nadu State Film Awards.
|Birth Name||Jyothika Sadanah|
|Nickname||Jyothika, Jo, Sona|
|Family Details||Father – Chander Sadanah (Film Producer)
Mother – Seema Sadanah
|Residence||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Jyothika is the first Indian actress to win both the Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil and the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress. In 2001, she acted as Vaani in the trilingual film Little John, which released in 3 different languages - Tamil, Hindi and English. She was ranked among the best actresses of South India by The Times of India.
In 1998, Jyothika made her film debut by playing the role of Pallavi Sinha in the Bollywood film, Doli Saaja Ke Rakhna. In 2002, she made her Telugu and Kannada debut with One Two Three, a multilingual film. In 2007, she first appeared in a Malayalam film, Rakkilipattu.
Estimated Net Worth of Jyothika in 2021:
|Net worth in million dollars||$25 million|
|Net worth in crore||182 crore|
|Net worth in lakhs||18,200 lakh|
Favorite, Interests, Hobbies,
- Her favorite color is blue
- His favorite film director is Mani Ratnam
- His favorite actress is Anushka Shetty
- His favorite place is Goa, Hill Station
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jyothika
- Jyothika is a Psychologist by profession.
- He has been featured on the cover of various prestigious magazines such as JFW and South Scope.
- Jyothika is the first Indian actress to win both the Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil and the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress.
- Jyothika is the first brand ambassador to be chosen by G Tamil. He has been portrayed as the voice of the channels’ multi-media campaign.
- In 1999, her first role was in Wali for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
- In 1998, her first film appearance was as Pallavi Sinha in Doli Saaja Ke Rakhna opposite actor Akshaye Khanna.
- In 2000, her appearance in the film Kushi was when she found success.
- Actor Vivek along with Jyothika have been appointed as ambassadors for plastic free Tamil Nadu campaign by the state government led by Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami.
- In 2005, he was awarded the prestigious Kalaimamani Award by the Tamil Nadu State Government.
- In 2018, she appeared in Mani Ratnam’s film Cheeka Chivanta Vanam as the lead role of Aurobindo Swamy’s housewife Chitra.
- In 2015, Jyothika was listed second in the list of Most Desirable Married Women of Kollywood by The Times of India (Chennai).